How Can I Help You?

I am honored to serve you. One of my most important jobs as your Commissioner is to help ensure that the county government is responsive to the needs of the residents of Bergen County. My staff and I can often help answer your questions, find resources, or resolve problems with County divisions and departments. We are proud and ready to work on your behalf.

Thank you for visiting my website, and please do not hesitate to contact my office if you have questions.


Sign up to get my newsletter and updates delivered straight to your inbox.


1. Are you a resident of Bergen County, New Jersey? If you are unsure, you can check by entering your address and town here

2. Does your issue involve a Bergen County division or department? For a full list, please visit the Bergen County website.

If you answered yes to both questions above, then I look forward to assisting you. Please go to the Getting Started section below for information on how to submit your inquiry.

If you answered no to either of the two questions abovethen please note that, unfortunately, I will be unable to assist. As a Bergen County legislator, I am unable to intervene in matters under the jurisdiction of local, state, or federal governments. If it appears your problem is primarily local, state, or a federal matter and you message me, I will let you know and forward your concerns to your local, state, or federal government representatives as a matter of courtesy. This process may delay a response to your inquiry.

I strongly encourage you to contact your local, county, state, or federal representative depending on the problem. If you live in New Jersey, then you can find your state representative by using this link or your federal representative by entering your zip code here.

If you need legal help or have a question about pending litigation, I cannot intervene. This is due to the separation of powers between the legislative branch, where I serve, and the judicial branch, where legal issues are decided. These include questions about criminal trials or imprisonment, deportation proceedings, child custody issues, and civil suits. If you need legal advice, you may wish to visit the New Jersey Bar Association’s lawyer referral service or contact Legal Services of New Jersey.


If you have a question or problem with which we may assist you, I encourage you to talk with us.

Clicking the “Casework Form” button below will give you the opportunity to give us your contact information and to briefly describe your situation. You may also call my Hackensack office at 201-336-6278. If your request is an emergency or extremely time sensitive, please let us know that at the time of your request.

While we cannot ask a County division or department to circumvent its rules, force it to decide a question in your favor, or change a decision that is already final, we can make inquiries about the status of your situation and review steps taken thus far to make certain your case is being handled properly.


Many Bergen County residents who contact us have questions about the topics below. County departments like the Department of Human Services, the Department of Health Services, and others have a wealth of useful information on the Bergen County website, and while we are always delighted to help you, you may also wish to visit the links referenced below to find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

© 2020 All rights reserved​